The ‘Windows Media Player’ has been present for a long time. Earlier, it was the default Windows media player. Fortunately, at present, it is not in Windows 10 systems. If you want to download it in your Windows 10 system, then go through this blog carefully.
Best ways of downloading Windows Media Player 12
The method of getting back Windows Media Player 12 has been mentioned in this blog. The method varies from version to version.
For Windows 10 N and NK users
- Firstly, it requires downloading the Media Feature Pack. You can download it from MS’ official website.
- Then, choose the language that you would prefer by using the pull-down.
- After that, press on Download.
- Next, select the version of the file that you wish to download. It shall depend on the kind of OS that you are using.
- Then, to know about it press the combination of Windows key+R.
- After that, put dxdiag.
- Next, press on OK. This shall start the DirectX Diagnostic Tool.
- View at the line OS and see if it states 32 bit or 62 bit.
- Note that, if you are working on 32 bit, put a tick for downloading Microsoft-Windows-MediaFeaturePack-OOB-Package.msu. And if you are working on 64 bit, choose other file.
- Then, press on Next.
- After that, open it with Windows Update Standalone Installer. It is in default. Choose it and press on OK for starting the installation.
- Next, follow the wizard through.
- Note that the update shall be installed completely.
For Windows 10 Home and Pro
- Firstly, press the combination of Windows+I keys for going to Settings.
- Then, press on Applications.
- After that, click on Manage optional features.
- Next, press on Add a feature.
- Then, move downwards and look for Windows Media Player. Press on it.
- After that, press on Install.
Some alternatives to Windows Media Player
There are a few people who feel that Windows Media Player is rather irritating and they realize that they don’t need it anymore. If you are one of them, then you need one alternative software of it. Luckily, there are plenty of options. One of them is mentioned below.
You should go for downloading a VLC media player. It is among the best media players. VLC can play not only video files but also plenty of other stuff like webcams, streams etc.
Hope you have been able to download Windows Media Player 12 on Windows 10.
Sofia Williams is a technology buff, IT expert and works in a leading printer manufacturing company. She loves to read and write about the latest technology concerning major printer brands and researches on the solutions related to canon printer support, Epson, Brother etc.