Canon Printer Error E5 is typically occurred due to the compatibility issue of ink cartridges installed in the printer and also if the ink cartridges are not installed properly in the printer. However, the ink cartridges have a very small opening through which it releases the ink which is to be used on a particular paper, thus, when the printer is not utilized for an extensive period, the ink may get dried up and blocks the cartridge opening. Moreover, the Canon Printer error can be encountered by the disruption of a cartridge in its holder, or when cartridge needs to be changed or replaced.
Mostly, users encounter this error code E5 when the Canon printer stops recognizing ink cartridge which is installed in it. This indicates that the ink cartridges are not properly installed or attached to the printer’s contacts or all the contacts on that printer and cartridges have become unclean.
Below we described how to fix the Canon printer error code E5. The steps are simple and help you in fixing the Canon printer error.
Steps to Fix Canon Printer Error Code E5
To troubleshoot the error code E5, you need to follow the below-given instructions but before it, make sure that you have created a system restore point to save your data in safe place and also use these instructions in an exact sequence to avoid trouble and errors. Here how to do it:
Method-1: Restore the Canon Printer
- Firstly, disconnect your Power Cord from the Canon Printer. Disconnect it from both the power outlets in which it attached too or direct from the printer, tries avoiding direct contact with the electricity.
- After that, press the Stop/Reset button located on the printer’s main panel.
- Then, reconnect the printer’s cable while clicking it down.
- While holding the Stop/Reset tab, once hit the On/Off button.
- Release the Stop/Reset tab and press it twice in a row.
- Now, let your printer free for few seconds and let it take rest.
- Click on the Stop/Reset tabs four times repeatedly. You have to press the button slowly but determinedly to reach your goal of restoring the printer.
- Lastly, click the On/Off button twice on your printer, hopefully, the error code E5 should have disappeared. In case, the error code still exists, follow the next method to fix it.
Method-2: Set Printer’s Counters to Zero
- Initially, connect your Printer’s power cable to it.
- Then, push the Stop/Reset button located on the Printer’s main panel.
- Next, while pressing the Stop/Reset button, click on the On/Off tab on the printer simultaneously.
- After that, release the Stop/Reset button and still pressing the On/Off key on your keyboard.
- Before clicking the Stop/Reset button twice, once confirmed that the printers LED are blinking.
- Now, let go all the buttons of your printer.
- Here, wait for the LED to turn it in green
- Once it turned into green, again press the Stop/Reset button four times consecutively. This should automatically set the printer’s counters back to Zero.
- Lastly, disconnect the printer’s power cable.
- Finally, connect it again with the power cable to the printer and turn it on.
Sofia Williams is a technology buff, IT expert and works in a leading printer manufacturing company. She loves to read and write about the latest technology concerning major printer brands and researches on the solutions related to canon printer support, Epson, Brother etc.