Many users are reporting on getting the error with their canon printer. While using the Canon printer users are encountering the error code 5100 on their system screen. However, the error code 5100 signifies that the ink carriage creates some problems in the printer or hardware causing an issue in the printer. Therefore, it is an ink carriage error which includes internal contamination, or an issue in the carriage driver path such as a poor printhead, belts, bent, or damage rails in the printer.
Nevertheless, as we above discussed that this error 5100 is related to the carriage error which can troubleshoot simply using the service mode and flushing the printer heads if Canon printer has a blockage related issue. Are you experiencing the Canon printer error code 5100? Troubling in fixing it? Don’t worry; here we will discuss how to troubleshoot canon printer error code 5100. The steps are trouble-free and effortlessly understand by anyone. Sometimes, users are facing problem in following the troubleshooting steps. But, if you follow these steps in the correct series then it is less time consuming and less difficult.
Steps to Troubleshoot Canon Printer Error Code 5100
The error code 5100 is occurred on some other printer brands and reported by many users. To troubleshoot the canon printer error code 5100, follow the given steps:
Step-1: Check for Jammed Paper Inside the Printer
- Turned off the printer by pressing the On/Off button located on the left side of the printer.
- After that, open the cover of the printer and look inside the printer for finding any tiny object.
- Make sure that you notice any stray pieces of paper along the paper usual route.
- Moreover, carefully look inside for a tiny object such as any piece of paper, a staple or other things.
Step-2: Reset the Printer Ink Cartridges
- Firstly, turned off the canon printer by long pressing the ‘On/Off’ tab in the printer.
- Then, unplug the cord from the power outlet.
- Press and hold the ‘On/Off’ button whenever you plug the cable again in it.
- Press the Stop/Reset button twice while long pressing the ‘On/Off’ tab. Doing this will get the printer in Factory Mode.
- To see the ‘Shipping Mode 3’ on the LCD, press the right side arrow and click on the ‘OK’ button.
- After that, a message will appear on the screen which says “Without Cleaning,” click on the Stop/ Reset tab.
- Open the Canon printer cover and wait until the cartridges move to the left side of the printer.
- Then, you need to unplug the printer from the power outlet.
- Alternatively, lift out both the ink cartridges and close the cover.
- Again, plug the power cable and press the ‘On/Off’ button.
- Next, a message display on the screen which says ‘Replace Cartridges’, put the ink cartridges inside the printer.
- Wait until the printer identifies the cartridges before trying to print.
Sofia Williams is a technology buff, IT expert and works in a leading printer manufacturing company. She loves to read and write about the latest technology concerning major printer brands and researches on the solutions related to canon printer support, Epson, Brother etc.